Thursday, February 15, 2007

Childhood favorite bound for the big screen--

I suppose I read The Hardy Boys series like any boy who enjoys reading and what's not to love with kids several years your senior solving adult mysteries? Of course, with a brother 14 months younger, it made the adventures seem a little more real. In fact, when I read those books, this is one of them with the same cover:

Of course, it is not surprise for fictional characters to last for years and years, they will change with the times or have some sort of reincarination. So, that's the case with the Hardys too. I read this week on the Entertainment Weekly website that the detective team will come to the movie screen in the coming future as adults in an action/comedy "The Hardy Men" starring Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller.

While this certainly is an interesting idea, is it a good idea? I'm curious what the writer(s) come up with here.

No comments: