Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Will This Female Sleuth Return to Print...?

For an embarrassing amount of time I had book donation in the back library staff offices entitled Stray Kat Waltz by Karen Kijewski, which I should have added to my library's collection or shipped off to another branch. I do plan to ship it off to another library branch although this title is a little old in public library book years (1998). And since this is the last book in series to date, it does beg the question if fictional private detective Kat Colorado will reach the printed page in a new novel?

That question came up during a book club session months ago and I wondered about this series myself. I read Stray Kat Waltz a few years back when I was considering working with a mystery book club. In the meanwhile, I plucked that book off the shelf as a good possible read with a female detective. And I was pleased--it was. Described as a quick wit, the Kat books must be somewhat breezy reads although in my book, she's recovering from the loss of a loved one.

I have looked on the Internet for new news about Kijewski (pronounced kee-eff-ski according to Mystery Readers Online ) and found a little. An un-official homepage website for Kijewski says--according to the rumors--she searching for a new publisher or stopped writing because of family obligations.

Despite nine novels and three short stories, there are fans interested in more. Here's hoping Kijewski has some stories for Kat in her.

No comments: