Saturday, August 15, 2009

Local writer doing good--


During a recent short family trip--or an attempt at slipping in a few mental health days--we hit the road for South Carolina beaches (the hotel was on the beach) and I was pleased to find a local mystery writer had her works on prominent display at the hotel's gift shop. Writer Kathryn R. Wall had a nice display with autographed copies of books from her "Bay Tanner Mystery" series.

I was pleased to see that since I believe this is an excellent way to give a visitor a quick and lasting (you can keep the book) flavor of the local community. (And it worked in my case, I purchased the first book of the series.)

Wall's books are set in the coastal South Carolina area which is where she currently resides with her husband in their retirement home. I was also glad to find her titles on shelves of my library at work.

This pix of Wall is one from her website and book jackets and her "Bay Tanner" series is reaching the double digits in number of novels with Covenant Hall earlier this year.

No comments: