Sunday, October 25, 2009

Needlecraft and Mysteries sown together...

It hasn't happened yet but my wife tells me she'd attend my book club if we'd read a Monica Ferris book. And as it turns out, she said that to me again after I'd brought her home another new Ferris book, Blackwork, from the library a few days ago. My wife knits religiously as her time allows.

Ms. Ferris is the busy author of this hobby-orientated mystery series which feature needlework shop owner and part-time sleuth Betsy Devonshire in small-town Minnosota.


The author--who writes under the pseudonym "Monica Ferris" according to her website--is at novel number 13 with the needlecraft mysteries. Ms. Ferris also loves to wear hats as you can see here courstesy of Google.

Now, will the book club ever read a book in the needlecraft series? It could happen but I have steered the club toward the more hard-edged type of mysteries (not just hardboiled) but the club votes on titles and we're not struck in the mud on types of mysteries.

No comments: