Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The *Best* of 2009--

The new year is not quite a month old so I'll assume it's a-OK to look back for good books to read which were missed. Hence, I found on the web the (Fort Worth TX) Star-Telegram touting the top mysteries of 2009 in an appealing list of thirteen.A few titles and writers jumped off the page to me as the first pick The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly which I really enjoyed reading and number twelve by a personal favorite author George Pelecanos ' The Way Home. And there are more familiar names for me and my book club regulars, I know.

Click here for the entire list. What do you think?

1 comment:

Barbara Braley said...

Lawrence, I read "Borderlands" and enjoyed it much more than "Gallows Lane".If I had actually read "Borderlands" first, I might have been even more disapponted in "Gallows". However, if I had read "Borderlands" first, I might have enjoyed "Gallows" more. Does this make sense? Barbara