Friday, June 25, 2010

Author tour hits town--

Weeks ago I had written that a co-worker would share newsletters from bestseller writer Janet Evanovich and tact them up on the bulletin board in the staff lounge. As I read (and re-read) the newest one hanging in the lounge, I was genuinely surprised to see that she was coming to my home area in Charlotte for a book tour stop. WOW.

Her new book is Sizzlin' Sixteen and features the newest adventures of bounty hunter Stephanie Plum with her family and associates (and romantic interests).

I actually worked the night when Evanovich was scheduled to arrive here so I took a chance to run by the bookstore after work. And it worked out for me.

I ran in the big chain bookstore and found, ladies, ladies, ladies waiting with books for autographs the opportunity to take pictures of (and with) Evanovich. It was a festive affair with colorful balloons, a live musical performances and lapel pins for those to wear who prefer Plum's suitor Morelli or Ranger. While standing by I noticed one fellow was doing better than the other in the votes...

I only had my cell phone's camera to use but here's a shot of the author in "meet and greet (the public) mode."
***
Years ago, I purchased a paperback copy of Evanovich's first Plum novel One for the Money as a fun summer vacation read (my only Evanovich purchase). And I enjoyed and appreciated it for what it offered.
Yesterday, I felt pressed for time and didn't stand in line to see Evanovich but I'm curious of those of you reading--would you wait in line to see Ms. Evanovich???

No comments: