Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mystery novelist visit at PLCMC--

I had received a message in advance but still couldn't work it in my schedule to see a promising author visit. The main public library hosted mystery novelist Elizabeth Zelvin on May 14th. She came to discuss her debut mystery, Death Will Get You Sober which was published in April.

Just as bad, I forgot to mention this at my book club too. Zelvin does believe in staying within a keyboard's reach of the public though as she promotes her book at website. The book features New York City psychotherapist Bruce Kohler who's a recovering alcoholic. During his new bout with sobriety, he finds incidents of homeless alcoholics turning up death--including one he befriends--and starts his own measured investigation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lawrence, thanks for mentioning my visit to the Charlotte library even though you couldn't make it on May 14. How about encouraging your book club to read DEATH WILL GET YOU SOBER? ;) My website includes a page of discussion questions for bookclubs. Best, Liz