Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summer reading ideas--

My hometown paper has an attractive "Summer reading" section today and there is a nifty "Mysteries/thrillers" section pulling up the rear with options. There were seven titles and I'll admit I could spend time on all but I have favors that appeal to me by plot or the author's previous work.

By plot, I could go for Jane Cleland's Antiques To Die For with a mystery involving a New Hampshire antiques dealer whose good friend suddenly drowns. There's also Phillip Margolin's thriller Executive Privilege with a murder that touches high Washington offices and eventually the White House.

And I am interested to read what local writer Mark de Castrique has new with Blackman's Coffin. I've read the first book of his other series with corner Barry Clayton. This new series has U.S. military investigator Sam Blackman residing in the Asheville veteran's hospital after a stint in Iraq. There he becomes involved in a murder investigation with deep town roots.

No comments: