Thursday, May 03, 2012

If you're considering the Edgar Allan Poe movie--

If you are wondering about whether to visit the multiplex to see the new movie "The Raven" starring John Cusack as literary great Edgar Allan Poe--well, I feel you.  (He does look the part, huh?  Here's a googled movie still.)  I mentioned this movie the last time the book club met and there appeared to be some genuine interest although I didn't remember anyone saying they were going to see it opening weekend. 

The film struck my interest as a seeming good "what if" story and the trailer looked good. So I looked for movie reviews to help me decide if I should make an effort to go--I enjoy reading newspaper movie reviews, period--but I didn't see much on Friday.  Days later that changed as I ran across this story doing a web search,  giving me  some of what I wanted to read.  The reviews for the movie are truly mixed, see here.

My interest has been tempered by this story but not completely.  I hope to see it at some point in a movie theater.  I was just spooked when I heard a movie critic on the radio mention "Scooby Doo" in conjunction with the movie. 
 

No comments: