Wednesday, July 02, 2008

How's your summer reading...?

It's officially summer now--so, how's your pleasure reading? Need any help? On our library downstairs display book cart labeled "Check Out--these just returned materials" I blinked and Margaret Truman's Murder on K Street disappeared from the available books for quick browsing.

In the new issue of the weekly alternative newspaper in town Janet Evanovich's newest Fearless Fourteen is second in the tops of books of "Charlotte Bestsellers List." No surprise there, huh?

And the July O: the Orpah Magazine has a nice cover story about summer reading with its article "Not Your Typical Murder Mystery." Those to make the cut are Mind's Eye by Hakan Nesser, Shelter Half by Carol Bly, Not in the Flesh by Ruth Rendell and Careless in Red by Elizabeth George.

I'll admit I only tend to look at O Magazine and think cute, colorful covers but I don't open them to read. I am glad I noticed this story about summer books though--good tips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your posts. I've enjoyed the information and use it to make picks for my mystery must-read list.

For any interested mystery readers, local mystery writers from the Carolinas have a new blog where we review books and comment on the writing life: http://carolinaconspiracyblog.blogspot.com/ . Thanks, Elizabeth Spann Craig